There is an epidemic going on in the online business world and its scary. There are many people taking the world hustle literally. I see many people saying hustle, hustle, hustle, and people are following suit —-working 14, 18, and even 20 hour days! Now, don’t get me wrong, I am no stranger to 14- 18 hour days. One time I worked for 22 hours to meet a writing deadline- and let’s just say that was not fun at all!
I was watching a few live streams, and I seen talented business owners brag about how they work 18 -20 hours a day , shouting mantras like ” sleep when you are dead” , and things of that nature.
And that made me think; if I don’t sleep I will be dead! While I respected their hustle, and don’t hold anything against them for what they do, I had another mindset shift.
What’s the point of working 18-20 hours a day if you won’t be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor?
When I first started my business I was in hustle, throw spaghetti on the wall to see what sticks kind of mode- so 14 and 18 hour days were my norm. I realized this is not the way I want to run a business. I created another job for myself and it was a tough experience.
Now, I am saying don’t hustle, because you need to be out there every day letting the world know you exist. Will you have to work 18 hours a day to do so? Probably , not?
So, how do you hustle when you don’t want to work a gazillion hours a day? Here are a few ways you can hustle with ease.
1. Hire help- When I first started my business nearly 9 years ago, I wish I would have listened when people told me to hire a Virtual Assistant. However, I was in the mode I want to do everything myself! I felt like I needed to learn everything in my business and I had a huge problem giving up control. It wasn’t until I moved to Thailand that I hired my first Virtual assistant. Of course, throughout the years I hired one off virtual assistants for simple projects, but just a few short months ago I hired a virtual assistant. I first hired her for 10 hours a week, but my work load was so heavy, she ended up working 20 hours a week for me. The thing is , you may not hit it off with every virtual assistant you hire. So, you may have to go through a few until you find the perfect fit for you.
2. Batch Tasks- If you are a solo-preneur and you don’t have enough hours in the day, what do you do? You can batch your tasks. Simply put, batching is just doing the same tasks in one day instead of spreading it out over week or months. For example, when I record my videos , I record about 4-8 at a time to knock them out for the month. When I have sales conversations/sales calls, I schedule them on one specific day of the week. This way if I do work a 14 hour day all my tasks are complete for the week or the month. And this frees up my time to focus on the thing that really matter like growing my business.
3. Automate your business- This is something I have been focusing on as of late. While I live the laptop lifestyle, I don’t want to be glued to my computer all day. Beach season is coming up, girl! There are a myriad of things you can automate in your business. From your social media campaign, to your blog posts, even your YouTube videos. Schedule all of your marketing content to go out on a certain day, schedule your social media posts to go out a weeks in advance. Automate your lead generation and follow up series. It’s easier DONE than SAID ( and yes, I mean it in that order).
4. Follow the Pareto Principle – 80 percent of your business income comes from 20 % of your clients or services. Take an inventory of your services and products, and toss out the ones that are just not selling. What’s the point of having a product/service if it’s not flying off the shelf? This way you can spend time marketing your best selling programs and services.
5. Have Fun! I see so many talented business owners grinding and hustling, but they forget to have a little fun. Remember, its okay to go out dancing, or treat yourself to a massage, or just lay in bed and do nothing! In fact, you need to rest and recharge your brain. I noticed every time I step away from my computer I come up with fresh new ideas to help me move my business forward.
If you follow these simple tips, you can hustle with ease, and have more free time to do the things you really love and enjoy!
Which of these tips will you implement today? Tell me in the comment box below! Did you love this blog post? Well, never miss and update by signing up to get weekly tips like this delivered straight to your email inbox!